My review: Becca ever-matte poreless priming perfector

 June 21st, 2017 
Hello readers today I am reviewing the very famous face primer, Becca ever-matte poreless priming perfector. When I bought it almost 2 years ago it was not available in France yet but now you can find it in Sephora France as well. I bought that one in Sephora Canada while I was on a trip there and as you can guess I have had plenty of time to test it out. The heat is crazy in most part of the world right now including Paris so I thought it was a perfect timing to do a review on a product that target oily skin.

This is a primer free of silicone, oil, alcohol and fragrance which is great for sensitive skin and the packaging is nice and easy to use.

Before I do this review I have to tell you that my skin is combination. It is oily on the nose forehead and apple of the cheeck, dry around my mouth and my jaws, very dry around my eyes, normal elsewhere but also dehydrated everywhere. My skin is also very sensitive and reactive to many ingredients. I have some visible pores on the apple of my cheeks and on my forehead. I know that it is a lot but these are true facts of my very complicated skin...

To make sure I was getting the most out of this primer I used different techniques while using it. The first one is to spread the product on my skin with sliding movements, the second is to gently tap/press a small amount of product where needed. I get better result with the second technique.
One thing that really surprised me the first time I used this primer was how thick it is so you really have to manipulate the product with your fingers before you apply it on your skin.
The second thing that surprised me is that it does not disappear on your skin. You can still see some wjitish residue on the skin even if you use just a little bit of product; at least on my dark skin you can see it (I am not sure about lighter skin tones).

What does Becca ever-matte poreless priming perfector promises?
-to control oil for up to 12 hours
-to minimize the appearance of pores
It does control oil and minimize pores for a few hours but certainly not 12, 10, 8 or even 6 hours
-that it can be use before or after foundation
If I apply it on top of the foundation I can see the shine going away but it does make my foundation move plus it leaves some visible whitish residue on my foundation (dark skin), so I prefer to always apply it before my foundation
-to be sweat and humidity resistant
I don’t feel that the effects last that long enough to consider this sweat and humidity resistant.
I have tried many primers and most of them do nothing on my skin or they give an illusion for 30 min. This one is better than most but still I am not impressed especially considering its high price. It is not bad but it is not the most effective primer I have ever bought (see HERE). So no I will not repurchase this one.

I find it very hard to find a great primer for oily skin. Actually I even wonder if it does exist…
 Do you have any favorite? Let me know...


Price

US $36/£28/€34

Xoxo
Dianna.H
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Dianne
    Since this review, have you found a good primer that is really worth the price???
    I thoroughly follow ur reviews and have bought the sunscreen and few other products on ur recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I am very orry for the very late response but I have been away from "Internet" for a while. The Becca primer is not bad but my favorite stays the one from The Body Shop:"All-in-One Instablur". I made a review about it a while back and I am still using it.

      Delete

© Chiicpik. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig